This document contains the procedure for creating user definable fields.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
The selection list for user definable fields is not fixed by the system. It allows a user to create their own list for information tagging purpose.
1. Click Set Up > Global > User Definable.
2. The User Definable screen displays.
3. Click on the Edit button of the desired user definable field you want to create. In this example, Float Basis is chosen and the drill down screen displays the user definable field with a list of its user definable items.
4. To create a new user definable item, click on Action and select New. The New User Definable screen displays.
5. Input the new user definable item. In this example, we will input SONIA for the new user definable float basis. Click Save.
6. Once created, you will see the new entry appears in the selected user definable field. See the example in the New Term Loan screen below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I cannot access the user definable screen.
Access rights are required to create new user definable. Please speak to your administrator to grant you rights 10400.