This document contains the procedure for creating user attributes fields.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
User attributes field allows user to create new user field to tag in the transactions or static data. These fields are usually not standard fields but additional information that are required internally for information purpose.
1. From the main menu, click Set Up > Global > User Definable.
2. The User Definable screen displays.
3. Look in the list with attribute tags = “Y”.
4. In this example, Facility is chosen. Click on the Edit button next to the description.
5. The “Attribute Tags” screen of Facility displays.
6. Click Add button to add new user attribute field.
7. Key in the field caption under Description field.
8. Then, choose the types of field you wish to create in the Type drop down field. The field types that you can select are as follows:
9. In this example, User Definables type is chosen.
10. Click Save.
11. Next, to create the selection choices for the user attribute field, click on Edit.
12. A section will appear underneath to maintain the choices for this attribute field.
13. Click Add button to add the choices.
14. Always key in “[Unassigned]” as the first choice, then followed by the other choices. This is so that [Unassigned] will appear as the first choice in the newly created user attribute field.
15. Click Save when completed.
16. You will see a message showing attribute choices are saved.
17. Click on Cancel button to return to User Definable screen.
18. Navigate to Set Up > Risk > Facility.
19. The system will show the new user attributes field in the New and Amend Facility screen. See example in the Amend Facility screen below. Attribute fields are in teal colour.
Note: User attribute fields are not standard fields in the system, hence any user attribute fields created will not be shown in the standard reports with the exception in some of the facility reports that allow report to be grouped by user attribute fields but limited to three dimensions only, e.g. Facility Master (Rpt1627).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS