This document contains the procedure for creating user attributes fields.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
User attributes field allows user to create new user field to tag in the transactions or static data. These fields are usually not standard fields but additional information that are required internally for information purpose.
1. From the main menu, click Set Up > Global > User Definable.
2. The User Definable screen displays.
3. Put a “Y” in the Attribute Tags search box to search for transactions or static data that can create user attributes field.
4. Click on the description. E.g. Facility. The “Attribute Tags” screen of Facility displays.
5. Click Add Button to add new user attributes field.
6. Key in the field caption under Description field.
7. Then, choose the types of field you wish to create in the Type drop down field. The field types that you can select are as follows:
8. In this example, User Definables type is chosen.
9. Click Save.
10. Next, to create the selection choices for the user definable field, click on Edit.
11. A section will appear underneath to maintain the choices for this attribute field.
12. Click Add Button to add the choices.
13. Always key in “[Unassigned]” as the first choice, then followed by the other choices. This is so that [Unassigned] will appear as the first choice in the newly created user attributes field.
14. Click Save when completed.
15. You will see a message showing attribute choices are saved.
16. Click Back Button to return to User Definable screen.
17. Navigate to Set Up > Risk > Facility.
18. The system will show the new user attributes field in the New and Amend Facility screen. See example in the Amend Facility screen below.
Note: User attributes fields are not standard fields in the system, hence any user attributes fields created will not be shown in the standard reports with the exception in some of the facility reports that allow report to be grouped by user attributes field but limited to three dimensions only, e.g. Facility Master (Rpt1627).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to Create User Definable Field