This document shows how to add and maintain commodity/ futures prices in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Prices maintained are used for reporting valuation purposes.
1. From the main menu, select Prices > Commodity/Futures. The page will be displayed as below.
2. To add prices, Click Add.
3. In the Product field, choose whether commodity or futures. In this example, Commodity will be chosen.
4. System will populate the commodity or futures based on the Product selected in the Short Name field, select from the dropdown. In this example, Diesel will be chosen.
5. Type the Date and the Valuation price.
6. Click Save. The valuation price for commodity “Diesel” is added. You will be returned to Commodity/Futures Prices page.
7. To view commodity or futures prices, select the Product and key in the From Date field.
8. Click Refresh. The Commodity or Futures prices added for the date specified will be displayed. System will set the To Date to same as From Date if this is left blank. If you need to view for a specific date range, the commodity/ futures short name must be selected.
9. Valuation prices can also be maintained in this page by simply changing the values and clicking Save.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Import Commodity/Futures Prices