This document shows the detailed procedure of importing commodity / futures prices in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This is important as this saves user time when loading multiple commodity or futures prices in the system.
1. Select Prices > Commodity/Futures Prices from the top menu. Click Add. The page below will be displayed.
2. Click Import. The Import page will be displayed.
3. Click Template to download the import template in Excel. Open the Excel template.
4. The Excel template titled LoadCommodityFuturePrices_Template will look like below.
5. Input the Date, Shortname and Valuation price in the respective columns. Note that system accepts any valid date format in Excel. Short name is commodity or futures short name that must be existed in the system.
6. Save the Excel file on the computer.
7. From the system, click on the Read File check box.
8. Click Browse. Look for the Excel file saved on the computer.
9. Click Read File.
10. If there is any error, the system will prompt. If that happens, go back to the Excel file saved on the computer, make the necessary corrections then do steps 8 to 9. If no error, click Load.
11. When the popup appears, click OK to confirm loading.
12. Once successful, the page will display a message and the Status will show as LOADED.
13. Click Back button to return to Commodity/ Futures Prices page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Maintain Commodity / Futures Prices