This document shows the detailed procedures on how to import Fees and Cash Transactions in CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows the user to import cash or fees relating to treasury transactions which will be captured in the system for accounting purposes.
1. From the main menu, select Back Office > Fees and Cash Transactions.
2. Click New. The system displays New Fees and Cash Transactions screen.
3. Click on Import. The display will show the Import Fees and Cash Transactions screen.
4. Click on Template to download CS Lucas template for importing fees and cash transactions.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Fill out the sheet. Fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
|Acct Cntr*||The short name of the Accounting Centre.|
|Pay/Rec*||Value should be either Payables or Receivables.|
|Category*||Type in the type of fees or cash transactions. Value must be the same with the Category created in Set Up > User Definable > Fees and Cash Transactions Category. For detailed steps, see how to set up user definable field here. Note that the mapping account of this Category type is mapped under Set Up > Static > Chart of Account for accounting journals posting. See Mapping Chart of Accounts below.|
|Counterparty ID*||The short name of the Counterparty.|
|Ccy*||Currency of the transaction|
|Amount*||Amount of the transaction|
|Our SSI*||Accounting Centre’s bank account to debit/ credit.|
|Their SSI*||Counterparty’s bank account to debit/ credit.|
|Portfolio||Optional. Value entered must be same as portfolio set up. Portfolio is set up under Set Up > Risk > Portfolio. See how to set up risk portfolio.|
|Transaction Type||Optional. Value entered must be same as transaction type created in Set Up > Global > User Definable > Fees and Cash Transaction Type. See how to set up user definable.|
|Project||Optional. Value entered must be same as project created in Set Up > Global > User Definable > Projects. See how to set up user definable.|
|Our Dealer*||Enter the dealer’s user id for this transaction.|
|Ctpy Dealer||Optional. This is a free text field.|
|Ctpy Reference||Optional. This is a free text field.|
|Narrative||Optional. This is a free text field.|
|Term Loan Amortisation||Optional. To link fees to term loan amortisation. Enter the trade ID of the term loan.|
7. Once you’re done filling out the fields, save the Excel file on the computer.
8. Go back to the Import Fees and Cash Transactions screen, tick on Read File checkbox.
9. Click Choose File. Browse for the file saved in the computer.
10. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel File will display.
11, If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the Excel file to make the necessary corrections and click Read File again.
12. If there is no error, click Load.
13. A popup appears to confirm, click OK.
14. A message saying that loading is successful will be displayed.
15. Go back to the Fees and Cash Transaction screen. Select the Accounting Centre of the imported transactions, then click Refresh. You should be able to see the imported transactions on the list.
MAPPING CHART OF ACCOUNTS
Fees and Cash transactions accounts mapping is done under Set Up > Chart of Accounts.
In the example below, the account type 1501: Payables and 1502: Receivables is mapped by Category.
Note that the two account types above can be mapped by the following dimensions:
– Ccy + Category
– Ctpy + Category
– Portfolio + Category
– Ctpy + Ccy + Category
– Portfolio + Ctpy + Category
– Portfolio + Ccy + Category
– Portfolio + Ctpy + Ccy + Category
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS