This document shows the detailed procedure for creating fees and cash transactions.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows cash or fees relating to treasury transactions to be captured in the system for accounting purposes.
1. From the main menu, select Back Office > Fees and Cash Transactions.
2. Click New. The system displays New Fees and Cash Transactions.
3. Accounting centre will be populated with the default value based on the preference set up under User and Rights. Otherwise, choose the accounting centre from the dropdown.
4. In the Pay/Rec field, select if Payables or Receivables.
5. In the Category field, select the type of fees or cash transactions. This field is user definable. You can create this under Set Up > User Definable > Fees and Cash Transactions Category. For detail steps, see how to set up user definable field here. Note that the mapping account of this Category type is mapped under Set Up > Chart of Account for accounting journals posting. See Mapping Chart of Accounts below.
6. Select the Counterparty.
7. Input the TDate and VDate.
8. Choose the currency in the Ccy field.
9. Input the amount.
10. Choose from the dropdown in the Our SSI and Their SSI fields to select the bank accounts to debit and credit.
11. At this point, the transaction is ready to book as all the mandatory fields are entered. However, other fields below may be filled out if necessary.
12. If the transaction entered is fee relating to your Term Loan trade and you need system to amortize it, tag the trade ID of the Term Loan trade at the Term Loan Amortisation field for this Fee trade. This field is optional.
13. Click Book when completed. Click OK when a popup appears to confirm booking.
14. The Fees and Cash Transactions main screen will display the transaction entered.
15. You may filter the transactions by selecting the filter criteria from the fields on the top of the screen such as counterparty ID, currency, Pay/ Rec, Due Date From and To and Category. Accounting Centre field is mandatory. Click Refresh when it is done.
16. Fees and Cash transaction booked cannot be amended. Delete the trade and re-book if amendment is necessary.
MAPPING CHART OF ACCOUNTS
Fees and Cash transactions accounts mapping is done under Set Up > Chart of Accounts.
In the example below, the account type 1501: Payables and 1502: Receivables is mapped by Category.
Note that the two account types above can be mapped by the following dimensions:
– Ccy + Category
– Ctpy + Category
– Portfolio + Category
– Ctpy + Ccy + Category
– Portfolio + Ctpy + Category
– Portfolio + Ccy + Category
– Portfolio + Ctpy + Ccy + Category
The journals will look like the below for MAP100001.00. The mapped account is 112233, which is the mapped account for Fees for 1501: Payables account type.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS