This document shows the procedure on how to import payment request to be sent to National Bank of Australia using an Excel worksheet. These instructions are specific for the Direct Entry Payment Type.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT
This allows user to import high volume of payment request to NAB DE payment type using an Excel template file.
1. From the menu, select Cash Management > Payments > Payment Request.
Tip: If you do not see the Payment Request in the menu navigation, please ensure that you have the access rights to access this screen. Access rights required is 19400 Access Payment Request.
2. The Payment Request screen will be displayed.
3. Click Import PRF. Import Payment Request screen displays.
4. Click Template. A new tab opens. In this page, you will see a list of payment request import for various payment types and banks. Download the appropriate import template by clicking on the Download Here hyperlink in the list.
5. After the import template is successfully downloaded, open the import template.
6. The table below explains each of the fields. Note that fields that marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
|Type in the valid payment type. Payment type must be exist in the system. See set up in Payment Type Configuration.
|Type in the user id of the requestor who made the payment request. User Id must be valid and exist in the system. See set up in User rights and permissions.
|SSI short name*
|Type in a valid SSI short name. SSI short name must be exist in the system. See set up in Accounting Centre SSI Set Up.
|Type in value date of the payment request.
|Type in the currency of the payment item.
|Type in the amount of the payment item.
|Non-mandatory. Type in payment narrative if any.
|Bene SSI Short Name+
|Type in the payment beneficiary short name. Beneficiary short name must exist in the system. See payment beneficiaries set up in View Payment Beneficiary.
For adhoc beneficiary that is not set up in the system, leave this field blank.
|Bene Account Name+
|Leave blank if Bene SSI Short Name+ is filled in. System will based on the beneficiary bank account name set up for the beneficiary short name.
System will ignore what is placed in Bene Account Name+ if SSI Short Name+ is provided.
For adhoc beneficiary that is not set up in the system, type in the beneficiary account name.
|Bene Account No+
|Leave blank if Bene SSI Short Name+ is filled in. System will based on the beneficiary bank account number set up for the beneficiary short name.
System will ignore what is placed in Bene Account No+ if SSI Short Name+ is provided.
For adhoc beneficiary that is not set up in the system, type in the beneficiary account number.
|Bene Sort Code (NNNNNN)+
|Leave blank if Bene SSI Short Name+ is filled in. System will based on the beneficiary BSB number set up for the beneficiary short name.
System will ignore what is placed in Bene Sort Code (NNNNNN)+ if SSI Short Name+ is provided.
For adhoc beneficiary that is not set up in the system, type in the beneficiary sort code.
|Type in the settlement currency if the settlement currency is different from the payment request currency.
|Type in the equivalent settlement amount of the settlement currency.
7. A sample of Load_Payment_Request_Template is as per below.
8. When completed, save the payment request import file.
9. In the CS Lucas system, tick the Read File check box.
10. Click Browse to browse for the saved payment request import file.
11. Click Read File.
12. If there is error, the system will prompt with some explanations. Correct the errors in the Payment Request import file.
13. Once corrected, tick on the Read File checkbox to read the file again.
14. If no error detected, you will see the Load button in the Import screen.
15. Click Load to import the payment request file. Click OK in the popup to confirm.
16. You will see the following confirmation message once loaded successfully.
17. Click Button to return to Payment Request screen.
18. From the Payment Request screen, select the appropriate Acct Cntr, VDate From and click Refresh. The payment request imported will be displayed.
19. Payment request imported is not submitted for routing to Settlement Control by default.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS