This document shows the detailed procedure of maintaining hedging products.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Hedging products need to be setup beforehand before allow booking of the hedging transactions.
1. From the main menu, click Transaction > Hedging > Maintenance > Product. The page below displayed.
2. To create new hedging product, click New. The “Hedging: New Product” page displayed.
3. Select commodity or futures from the Product drop down field.
4. Enter a short name for the commodity or futures.
5. Enter the full name of the commodity or futures.
6. Select the trade currency.
7. Select the trading unit. This field is user definable and for information only. If you do not see the desired trading unit, please create under Set Up > User Definable > Trading Unit. See how to create user definable field for more details.
8. If the product selected is a futures, you need to also enter the delivery date.
9. Comments field is optional. You may put in comments if any.
10. Click Save when completed. You will be returned to “Hedging: Product” page after saving.
11. To view the newly created commodity or futures, select the Product as commodity or futures. Click Refresh. List field is defaulted to exclude inactive commodity or futures. If you need to view one particular commodity or futures, key in the Shortname field to filter just for that particular commodity or futures.
12. Newly created commodity or futures requires approval, which is indicated with an “N”. To approve, tick on the checkbox and click Approve. The unapproved commodity or futures will appear on top of the list.
13. To amend the commodity or futures, click on the commodity or futures short name. You will be brought to the “Hedging: Maintain Product” page.
14. Amend the fields accordingly. In this page, you can also maintain the price feed code from Bloomberg, Reuters and the IDISIN reference.
15. Click Update when completed.
16. To view history of the changes, click History button on the “Hedging: Maintain Product” page.
17. To delete commodity or futures, tick on the checkbox and click Delete on the “Hedging: Product” page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS