This document sets out a detailed procedure for how to create forecast source.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Creating forecast source allows a forecast to be saved under different sources or purposes.
1. From the main menu, select Cash Management > Forecasting > Maintenance > Source. The Source screen displays.
2. System has a – DEFAULT – source created. This is auto generated by the system. If there’s no other source created, forecast maintained in the Operational Forecast will be saved to the – DEFAULT – source. To add a new source, click on Action and select New. The Maintain Source screen will be displayed.
3. Type in the description of the source to be created. For example, you may want to create a source for aggressive forecast so that aggressive forecast can be maintained under this source.
4. Click Save to complete the set up. Once created, the newly created source appears under the Source drop down field in Cash Management > Forecasting > Operational > Grid. Then, you can save the forecast to a different source by maintaining the forecast to the right source as you input.
5. Source grouping can also be created. From the Source main screen, click Grouping.
6. Click on Action and select New.
7. Type in the Shortname for the group.
8. Click the checkbox beside the forecast source short names to be included in the group.
9. Click Add, the sources checked will shift to the right.
10. Click Save. The screen will display the following message.
11. Click Cancel button to return to Source Grouping screen.
12. Source group created will appear in the Source drop down field in the Operational Forecast Grid screen. Source groups will have a plus sign (+) as prefix.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS