This document shows the detailed procedures on how to import cash book in CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Allows reconciliation between the cash book and the bank statement to ensure the cash flow is accurate and to identify any unusual transaction.
1. From the main menu, select Cash Management > Bank Reconciliation.
2. The Bank Reconciliation screen displays.
3. Click Cash Book.
4. Click Import. The screen below displays.
5. Click Template to download CS Lucas template for importing cash book.
6. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
7. Fill out the Excel file. Fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
8. Save the Excel file on the computer.
9. Go back to the Bank Reconciliation – Cash Book Import screen, tick on Read File checkbox.
10. Click Choose File. Browse for the file saved in the computer.
11. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel File will display.
12. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the Excel file to make the necessary corrections and click Read File again.
13. If there is no error, click Load.
14. A popup appears to confirm, click OK.
15. Go back to the Bank Reconciliation screen. The Cash Book imported is on the right.
16. To retrieve the source file for the imported cash book, select the accounting centre and SSI from the Bank Reconciliation – Cash Book screen. Click Refresh. System will list all the cash book imported by date ranges.
17. Click on the desired source file to view or download.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS