This document shows the detailed procedure of amending currency options.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This is important as this gives the user a chance to make changes if there are any mistakes or if details are to be updated to reflect more accuracy.
1. From the Options main screen, click on the TradeID of the Options trade to change. In this example, the Currency Vanilla Options trade with TradeID CPT10001.00 will be chosen.
2. The system will display the Amend Options – Currency Vanilla screen.
3. Note that there are two types of amend, the hard amend and the soft amend. Hard amend would require the trade to be authorised and verified as it involves changes in the contractual details, while soft amend to the non-contractual details does not require re-authorisation and re-verification. All mandatory fields with (*) are hard amend while all fields below Soft Amend button are not.
4. In this example, the Principal amount will be changed to 500,000.00.
5. Once all changes are made, click on Update. The system will display the Options main screen with the changed Options trade.
6. Note that the TradeID changed from CPT100001.00 to CPT100001.01. This is because it is a hard amend.
7. To do soft amend, click on the TradeID preferred and the system will display the Amend Options screen. In this example, CPT100001.01 is clicked.
8. In this example, Portfolio will be selected.
9. Click Soft Amend. A pop up appears to confirm updating, click OK.
10. The system will display the Options main screen. Note that the TradeID would remained the same because this is a Soft Amend.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS