This document shows how to update the mark to market revaluation of interest rate swap in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This is important so the mark to market can be updated manually after getting the information from the counterparty.
1. From the main menu, select Transaction > Interest Rate Swap.
2. Change the MTM Date to the desired date. Usually this is the month end date. In this example, 30/09/2016 will be inputted so the MTM for the month of September can be recorded. Click Refresh.
3. Type the MTM as received from the bank or counterparty.
4. Tick on the checkbox of the TradeID.
5. Click Update MTM. A popup appears, click OK.
6. The MTM is successfully saved on 30-Sep.
7. The value saved will be recorded in the month end journals of this IRS trade. For more details on IRS journals, see accounting treatments for IRS.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS