This document explains the detailed procedures to set up an upcoming settlements alert.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
To alert on upcoming settlements that are becoming due in the CS Lucas system.
1. Download Upcoming Settlements Alert from Extension store.
2. In CS Lucas Extension Store, select category as Alert and click Refresh.
3. You will see a list of alerts available for download. Look for Upcoming Settlements alert. Click to download.
4. Once file is downloaded, navigate to Set Up > Systems > Alerts. Click Refresh. The downloaded alert will be displayed in this screen.
5. Click on the alert Short Name hyperlink. The following screen will be displayed.
6. Select the User Group to determine the recipients who will receive the alert. Users who belonged to the user group selected will receive the alert on the Welcome screen or via Email. To receive the alert via Email, please ensure the email information is maintained in the User Set Up. In this example, we select “Alert Grp – Upcoming Settlements.”
7. Set the values for Lower and Upper fields to 0, as these fields are not applicable for this alert.
8. Enter the accounting centre or accounting centre group in the Acct Cntr Group field to determine the settlements of the accounting centre(s) you wish to see. Ensure the accounting centre or accounting centre group short name exists in the system and is valid.
9. Then, enter the number of days before the settlement’s due date that you would like to be alerted in the Number of Days field. In this example, we will enter 7.
10. Next, set the frequency to receive the alert by ticking the box next to the Schedule field. Customize the Frequency Schedule.
11. Once selected the schedule, click Save. System will send the alert automatically according to your set up.
12. To test sending the alert manually, select the alert by ticking the box in front and click Send in the Alert screen.
13. Check under Welcome screen – Alerts and Messages whether you receive an alert.
14. To view the contents of the alert message, click on the Subject hyperlink to drill down to Message screen, as displayed below.
15. Email alert will look as below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. Why I did not receive Email alert?
To receive Email alert, please ensure that Email information is maintained under User Set Up in CS Lucas system. See User Rights and Permission set up for more information.