This document contains the detailed procedures for importing list of operational forecast into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
These steps provide an easier way to bulk upload forecasts to reduce efforts in maintaining forecast in CS Lucas system.
1. From the main menu, click Cash management > Forecasting > Operational > List. The Operational Forecast
(List) screen is displayed as below.
2. Click on Import button . The Import Operational Forecast (List) screen is displayed.
3. Click Template to download the Load_Forecast_Template in Excel format to your computer.
4. After the import template is successfully downloaded, open the import template.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Fill in the columns. Make sure all mandatory columns are filled, these are characterized with an (*). The explanation of the fields are as below:
|Date*||Date of forecast. Any date format that is valid in Excel.|
|Section/Category/Description*||Ensure section/category/description are valid and exist in the system.|
|SSI*||Ensure SSI short name is valid and exists in the system.|
|Source*||Ensure source is valid and exists in the system.|
|Cycle*||Ensure cycle is valid and exists in the system.|
7. System checks the following during import:
a) Mandatory fields.
b) Invalid SSI, Date, Amount, Section/Category/Description, Cycle and Source. Ensure SSI, Section/Category/Description, Cycle and Source are valid and exist in the system. Ensure Date and Amount format are valid.
c) Forecast cycle is locked and updating is not allowed.
d) Forecast not within the forecast cycle.
8. Go back to the Import Operational Forecast (List) screen. Tick on the Read File box.
9. Click Choose File. Look for the saved Load_Forecast_Template.xls file.
10. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
11. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the
template to edit and upload again.
12. If there is no error, click Load. System prompts the following message.
Load will replace existing forecasting records if any. Confirm loading list of forecast to the system.
13. Click OK to confirm loading.
14. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
Forecast uploaded successfully.
15. Click Back Button to return to Operational Forecast (List) screen.
16. From the Operational Forecast (List) screen, select the appropriate fields Acct Cntr, Ccy/ SSI, Cycle, From Date, To Date and Source to filter out the forecast and click Refresh. The forecast imported will be displayed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS