This document contains the detailed procedures for importing operational forecast in grid view into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
These steps provide an easier way to bulk upload forecasts to reduce effort in maintaining forecast in the CS Lucas system.
1. From the Operational Forecast (Grid) screen, click Ex/Import button.
2. The Forecast Import/Export screen will be displayed.
3. Before importing, export the existing forecast from the system.
4. To export, tick on the Export check box. Fields appear on the screen.
5. Filter mandatory fields to match the forecast data to export.
6. Click Export.
7. Save the forecast template in your local drive. Note the location the forecast template is saved to. Open the saved file.
8. Make sure to change only the forecast amount and keep all formatting intact. The Excel template also should not contains any formula in it. If a cell in the Excel template contains formula, the value cannot be read by the system.
9. After the amendments are done, save the file.
10. Go back to the system and click the Read file checkbox. The screen below is displayed.
11. Click Choose File and look for the file on your drive.
12. Click Read File. The system will validate and shows a preview of the forecast to be saved if no error is detected.
13. Click Import. The screen shows a message “Forecast has been successfully loaded.”
14. If an error is detected, correct the Excel template and reload it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I cannot access import the operational forecast.
Authorization is needed to import the operational forecast. Contact your administrator to give you access rights to 13849.