This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document shows the procedure for how to import money market transactions in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This is important when multiple transactions need to be booked. This will save time and effort in inputting multiple money market transactions.
1. From the main screen, select Transaction > Money Market.
2. Click New.
3. Click the Import button. The screen below displays.
4. Click Template to download the CS Lucas template for importing Money Market transactions.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Input values as required. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
7. For a money market transaction, input “N” for the Discount(Y/N) field. For an explanation on other fields, see Money Market Creation. Save the template when finished.
8. Apart from the standard fields you see on the New Money Market screen, you can also tag Our SSI, Their SSI and user attribute fields to the money market transaction in the import.
|Our SSI||This is to set the settlement bank account for the accounting centre.
Type in the accounting centre SSI short name.
Note: SSI short name must belong to the accounting centre of the trade and selected currency. SSI short name must be valid (case sensitive) as per set up in Set Up > Static > Settlement Instructions > Accounting Centre SSI. To see Accounting Centre SSI setup, click here.
|Their SSI||This is to set the settlement bank account for the trade counterparty.
Type in the counterparty SSI short name.
Note: SSI short name must belong to the trade counterparty and selected currency. SSI short name must be valid (case sensitive) as per set up in Set Up > Static > Settlement Instructions > Click Counterparty SSI button > Counterparty SSI. To see Counterparty SSI setup, click here.
|Attribute||This is to tag user attribute field to the Money Market trade.
The set up for the user attribute field is in the format below:
[User Attribute field Name]:[Value]
E.g. Rollover Tenor:4 Weeks
For date type field, fill in the date value in the format below:
[User Attribute field Name]:[YYYY-MM-DD]
E.g. Indicative Repay Date:2020-05-21
It is technically possible to have multiple user attribute fields for a Money Market trade. This would need to be set up as
[User Attribute field Name]:[Value];[User Attribute field Name]:[Value]
E.g. Rollover Tenor:4 Weeks;Indicative Repay Date:2020-05-21
1. Ensure the user attribute field name is valid and as per set up in the system. If the attribute field name is misspelt (case sensitive) it will not be updated. Money Market trade will still be imported without the attribute.
2. Any invalid date (e.g. 2020-02-30) will not be updated. Money Market trade will still be imported without the attribute.
3. If the user attribute is a drop down field, ensure the value entered is the same as per the setup in the User Definable > Money Market Transaction. Any invalid value will be ignored and not updated. Money Market trade will still be imported without the attribute. To see user attribute setup, click here.
9. Go back to the Import MM Trades screen. Tick on the Read File box.
10. Click Choose File. Look for the saved Load_MM_Template.xls file.
11. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
12. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
13. If there is no error, click Load. Click OK on the pop up that appears.
14. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
15. Click Back Button to return to Money Market screen.
16. Filter Acct Cntr and Transaction Type based on what was imported and click Refresh.
17. The imported money market transactions are displayed, as shown below.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS