This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document shows the procedure for importing securities into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows import of securities into the system and is a faster way to maintain in the system if there are many.
1. From the main menu, select Set Up > Static > Securities.
2. In the Security screen, click New. The screen below appears.
3. Click the Import button. The screen below appears.
4. Click Template to download the CS Lucas template for importing Security.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Input values as required. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. For more details on each field, see Set Up Security.
7. Go back to the Security screen. Tick on the Read File box.
8. Click Choose File. Look for the saved Load_Security_Template.xls file.
9. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
10. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
11. If there is no error, click Load.
12. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
13. Click Back Button to return to the Security screen.
14. Filter Security by type in the Security screen. Click Refresh.
15. Approve the newly created securities by selecting the checkbox and click Approve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS