This document shows the procedure for importing security prices into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows import of security prices for different securities and dates into the system. This is a faster way for maintaining security prices in the system if the securities you have are many.
1. From the main menu, select Prices > Security Prices.
2. In the Security Prices screen, click Add. The screen below appears.
3. Click the Import button. The screen below appears.
4. Click Template to download the CS Lucas template for importing Security Prices.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Input values as required. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. For more information on each field, see Add and Maintain Security Prices.
7. Go back to the Security Prices screen. Tick on the Read File box.
8. Click Choose File. Look for the saved LoadSecurityPrices_Template.xls file.
9. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
10. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
11. If there is no error, click Load. Click OK on the pop up that appears.
12. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
13. Click Back Button to return to the Security Prices screen.
14. Filter Security Prices by date in the Security Prices screen to view all security prices available for the day. If you wish to view by date range, it must be for a selected ticker.
15. Click Refresh. The newly created Security Prices will be displayed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Add and Maintain Security Prices