This document explains how to add and maintain security prices in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Adding and maintaining security prices is important as they are used by the system for investment valuation.
1. From the main menu, select Prices > Security Prices. The Security Prices main screen will be displayed.
2. To add new security prices, click Action and select Add.
3. Enter the Ticker name. If you know the ticker of the security price to add, type it in. Ticker name is case insensitive, system will format the case accordingly based on Security set up. If not, type the first letter and click Tab key on your keyboard. For example, type in “a” and click Tab.
4. A list of securities that start with character “a” will be displayed as screen below
Note: To see all securities, type *.
5. Click on the ticker name to use. In this example, Anglo Amer 4.125% 9/22 will be chosen.
6. Fill in the Date and the Valuation price field. These are mandatory. Note that all security valuation prices should be keyed in decimal values. For example, market price for bond is 101%, key in as 1.01.
7. At this point, the Save button can be clicked. However, Daily Mil Rate, Beta, P/E Ratio, Div Yield, Pr/Book Ratio and In Issue fields can also be filled out as needed.
8. To maintain Security Prices, from the main screen, choose the ticker of what needs maintenance. In this example, Anglo Amer 4.125% 9/22 will be chosen.
9. Input the From Date and To Date.
10. Click Refresh to see list of security prices maintained for the specified ticker and period.
11. Amend the fields directly in this screen.
12. Once done, click Save.
13. To export list of security prices to Excel, click on Action and select Export CSV.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I cannot create or maintain security prices.
Authorization is needed to add and maintain security prices. Contact your administrator to grant you rights. Access rights for Security Price as below.