This document shows the detailed procedures for importing investment trades.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows import of investment trades in a bulk when you have many. This helps in the migration of the existing trades into the system during initial system implementation.
1. From the main menu, select Transaction > Fund Management > Investment.
2. Click New.
3. Click Import. The Import Investment Trades screen displays.
4. Click Template to download CS Lucas template for importing Investment trades.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Fill out the fields as required. Fields with asterisk (*) are mandatory. For more information on each field, see Create and Amend Investment.
7. Save the Excel file on the computer.
8. Go back to the Import Investment Trades screen, tick on Read File checkbox. Browse for the file saved in the computer.
9. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel File will displays.
10. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the Excel file to make the necessary corrections and click Read File again.
11. If there is no error, click Load.
12. When a popup appears, click OK.
13. A message confirming successful loading will be displayed. Trade ID will be assigned to the successfully loaded trades.
14. Click Back Button to return to Investment screen. You will see the trades loaded appear in the trade listing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS