This document shows the procedure for how to do group settlements.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Group settlement consolidates multiple trades so that only one instruction letter need to be sent to a paying bank for these trades. This letter will contain multiple items of payments to different counterparty for the respective trades done.
1. From the Cash Settlement main screen, choose the Accounting Centre and filter the dates as required. In this example TFS-SG is chosen.
2. Click Refresh.
3. Choose the trades to group by clicking on the tick box beside them. Note that the trades should have the same settlement banks and same value date. However, currencies may be different. Also note that those already grouped cannot be grouped again.
4. Click Group. The Cash Settlement – Group Settlement screen will be displayed.
5. Click on Group button. The system will go back to the launch screen and will show the group ID in the Gp ID column.
6. To print the group settlement letter, click the Gp ID. The Cash Settlement – Group Settlement screen is displayed.
7. Click Confirm.
8. Choose if Email, Excel or Print from the By field drop down.
9. In this example Print will be chosen. Then click Confirm. A popup appears; click OK.
10. The letter for the group settlement shown below will be displayed.
11. Click on the browser’s Back button to go back to the system. 11. Click on the browser’s Back button to go back to the system.
12. Click Back Button to go back to the Cash Settlement – Group Settlement screen. 13. Next, to unwind the group settlements, click the Gp ID from the Cash Settlement – Group Settlement screen.
14. Click on Unwind.
15. System will return you to the Cash Settlement main screen. The Gp ID is now removed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. Why can’t I print a group settlement letter?
If the group settlements involved Money Market, Foreign Exchange and Non-Deliverable Forward trades, please ensure these trades are confirmed before you can print the group settlement letter.