This document explains how to cut and paste the list of operational forecast into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
These steps provide an easier way to bulk upload forecasts to reduce effort in maintaining forecast in CS Lucas system.
1. From the main menu, select Cash Management > Forecasting > Operational > List. Operational Forecast (List) screen displays.
2. Tick on the Cut and Paste checkbox. Access rights is required to upload list of forecast. Please ensure you have access rights ID 13867 Upload Operational Forecast List.
3. Prepare list of forecast to be imported in Excel sheet with the following column headers. Column names must be same as column headers shown below. The sequence of the column headers does not matters for import list of forecast.
|Date of forecast. Any date format that is valid in Excel.
|Ensure SSI short name is valid and exists in the system.
|Ensure section/category/description are valid and exist in the system.
|Ensure source is valid and exists in the system.
|Ensure cycle is valid and exists in the system.
4. From the Excel sheet, copy the forecast data including the column headers.
5. Paste into the input text area in Operational Forecast (List) screen.
6. Click Upload. Click Yes to confirm replace existing forecast if any. Any existing forecast records will be replaced.
7. System will show a message that forecast is uploaded successfully at the top of the input text area if is successful. Otherwise, system will show the errors of the forecast pasted in the input text area.
8. If an error is detected, correct in the Excel sheet, remove the previous forecast pasted in the input text area and any system message, paste the updated forecast and upload.
9. System checks the following during import:
- Invalid column headers. Ensure column headers are valid.
- Invalid SSI, Date, Amount, Section/Category/Description, Cycle and Source. Ensure SSI, Section/Category/Description, Cycle and Source are valid and exist in the system. Ensure Date and Amount format are valid.
- Forecast cycle is locked and updating is not allowed.
- Forecast not within the forecast cycle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS