This document explains how to create and maintain swap points.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Creating and maintaining swap points is important because they are used by the system for marked to market FX transactions.
1. Click Prices > Swap Points to get to this screen.
2. Click on Action and select Add to get to the New Swap Point screen.
3. Fill in the fields. In Ccy and Pairs, select the currency. In this example SGD will be chosen. Note that the maintenance of swap points is against USD.
4. Enter Date, Tenor, Bid, and Offer Rate.
5. Note that if the values entered in Ccy, Date, and Tenor match an existing record that will be replaced with this new one.
6. Click Save.
7. To amend swap points, change the VDate to the date that was entered when the swap points were first added. In this example, the previously added swap points will be amended, so enter 01/02/2023 in the VDate.
8. Click Refresh and the swap points created on 01/02/2023 will be displayed.
9. The columns Bid/Buy/Long and Offer/Sell/Short can be changed by inputting the desired numbers.
10. Click Save.
11. The swap point data can also be copied to another date. In this example, the swap point data from 01/02/2023 will be copied to 02/02/2023. In the Copy To field, type in the date to where you want to copy the swap points.
12. Click Copy. A pop up box appears.
13. Click Yes. The VDate and the copied swap points will be displayed.
14. To delete swap points, tick the box of the respective currency and tenor and click Action and Delete.