This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document is a detailed procedure on how to amend money market transactions.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This is important for correcting or changing information on money market transactions previously entered.
1. From the main screen, select Transaction > Money Market.
2. Choose the Accounting Center. Click Refresh. Other search parameters like Transaction, TDate From, VDate From, MDate From, etc., may also be filtered to get desired search result.
3. Select the transaction to amend by clicking on the Trade ID. The Amend Money Market screen is displayed.
4. Note that fields below the Soft Amend button are non-contractual details; therefore, Soft Amend is allowed. This means that changing it will not need re-authorisation and re-verification. The trade ID suffix will remain the same (.00).
5. In this example, hard amend will be done.
6. Change the fields as required.
7. In this example, the amount will be changed to 10,000,000.00 and the interest rate will be 0.5.
8. Click Recomp button besides Interest to recompute the interest amount. System will also recompute the interest during update if Recomp button is not clicked after the change of transaction details.
9. Click Update when done. Once a pop-up appear, choose OK.
10. The Money Market screen will be displayed, the amended transaction appears with a change in the Trade ID.
11. The amended transaction will need to be verified and authorized. For instructions, check Authorizing and Verifying Trades.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. Why can’t I amend a rolled trade?
Rolled trades cannot be amended. If there is a need for change, delete the rolled trade first then re-roll after amending. Confirmed trade cannot be amended, as well. To amend it, unconfirm the trade first.
Authorizing and Verifying Trades