This is a detailed procedure for viewing and creating forecast section and category in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Forecast section/category needs to be set up before maintaining forecast in the system. In order for the group to consolidate the forecasts from all entities within the group, a global structure needs to be agreed upon and used as a standard template for updating forecasts.
1. To view the existing forecast section/category, select Cash Management > Forecasting > Maintenance > Section/Category.
2. All forecast sections will appear on the next screen.
3. The order of the forecast sections will be how they would appear on the Operation Forecast page. Click on Up and Down Button to change the order. If a forecast section has a ‘Y’ under the Hidden column, that section will not appear on Operational Forecast page.
4. To create a new forecast section/category, click New. The screen below will be displayed.
5. In the Section field, input the name of the section you want to add.
6. To add a category on this section, click on Add Button and an empty field will appear. Type the name of the category to add. Note that duplicate categories are not allowed and that categories are case sensitive.
7. If more categories are needed, just click on Add Button again.
8. Once completed, click on Save.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I cannot access this module.
Please contact your administrator to give you access rights. Access forecast section/category maintenance is 13810, and to create new forecast section and category is 13824.