This document contains detailed procedure on setting time bucket structure.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Time buckets are used for cash flow forecasting and cash flow projection. Some reports also require time buckets.
1. To create a new time bucket, click Set Up > Global > Time Bucket. The Time Buckets screen will be displayed.
2. Click New. The New Time Bucket screen will be shown.
3. Type in the bucket you want to create in the Shortname field. In this example, we will input 6 months bucket. The Description can be left blank.
4. Click Save.
5. The time bucket created will be in the main screen. Click on the short name of that time bucket. The Amend Time Bucket screen will be displayed.
6. In this screen, user can define the structure of time bucket. Click on Add Button, the screen below displays.
7. Click on the drop down under Interval, user can select Day, Week, Month or Year as the time interval of the items in time bucket. In this example, Month is selected.
8. Length column allows user to set the length of interval selected. In this example, we put 1. Note that 1 will denote as 1 month.
9. Under description, enter how you want to describe the time bucket being created. In this example we will put Month 1.
10. Click Add Button for the rest of the time you want to add. For continuity, we will click it 5 times more to complete 6 months.
11. Fill out the fields the same way as from step 7 to 9.
12. In case you need to delete a row, click Minus Button.
13. If everything is correct, click Save. The time bucket is created and it would be seen and used in the screens it is needed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I cannot create a time bucket with its structure
Authorization is needed to perform this procedure. Contact your administrator to grant you access. Access rights are 11227- Create New Time Bucket and 11229 to Amend Time Bucket details.
FAQ02. How does the system construct time bucket where intervals are different and the end date of one interval does not correspond to the regular start date of the next interval?
For detailed procedure, see Time Bucket Adjustments.