This document contains the detailed procedure for how to set up a password profile for your organization.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows an organization to set password requirements according to group policies for ensuring the appropriate level of password security is used for your organization.
1. From the menu, click Set Up > Systems > Security > Password Profile.
2. Customize the password profile.
Maximum age (days)*
The length of time until user passwords expire and must be changed. The default is 90 days.
Change history kept*
Save users previous passwords so that they must always reset their password to a new, unique password. The default is 3 passwords remembered.
The minimum number of characters required for a password. The default is 6 characters.
The requirement for which types of characters must be used in a user’s password.The requirement for which types of characters must be used in a user’s password.
• No restriction – allows any password value.
• Must mix alpha and numeric characters – password requires at least one alphabetic character and one number, which is the default.
• Must mix numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters – password requires at least one number, one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter.
• Must mix alpha, numeric and special characters – password requires at least one alphabetic character, one number and one of the following characters: @ # $ % ^ & + =.
• Must mix numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters, and special characters – password requires at least one number, one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one of the following characters: @ # $ % ^ & + =.
Note: When you change these values, existing users aren’t affected until the next time they change their password.
3. Click Update.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. What are the access rights required to access and update password profile?
The access rights required to access and update Password Profile are given below.