To provide the details used by CS Lucas to show the Price Variance Report.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Allow users to verify the details of Price Variance Report.
1. Navigate to Reporting > Standard > Report 8032: Price Variance Report.
2. Fill in the mandatory parameter – Acct Cntr, Portfolio, 1st Date, 2nd Date.
3. Click on the required format.
4. The report shows the price variance of securities under a portfolio. Column fields available on report are Ticker Currency, Ticker Short Name, Accounting Centre, Portfolio, Price as at 1st Date, Price as at 2nd Date, Price Difference, Price Difference in %, Position, P/L Impact.
For explanation of button, please see link.
For explanation of buttons, please see link.
I) To view the prices for the following security,
Follow the steps as shown below:
1. Navigate to Prices > Security Prices.
2. Key in Ticker (From Example: AMZN:US).
3. Key in From Date (From Example: 31-Jan-2017)
4. Key in To Date (From Example: 31-Jan-2017)
5. Click Refresh.
6. The following shows the price as at 1st Date.
7. Change the From Date to 30-Jun-2017 and To Date to 30-Jun-2017. Click Refresh. The below shows the price as at 2nd Date.
8. D = C – B.
9. E = D / B * 100 (rounded to 2 decimal places).
10. F = Position as at the 2nd Date.
11. G = F * D
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS