This document shows the detailed procedure in creating new foreign exchange swap.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows capturing of Foreign Exchange Swap transactions in the system.
1. From the menu, select Transaction > Foreign Exchange.
2. Click Action and select New Swap.
3. Fill in the fields. Those with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
4. Accounting centre would have been defaulted to the user’s accounting centre. If not, it would be left blank. Select the proper Accounting Centre from the dropdown.
5. Input the TDate, Near Date and Far Date.
6. Choose if Buy or Sell in the Transaction field.
7. Choose the Swap currency from the dropdown.
8. Input the Swap Amount.
9. Select the Against Currency from the dropdown.
10. Input the Near Rate.
11. Input the forward points if any. By default is 0.
12. Click Refresh Button beside the Forward Rate field. The countervalue and forward countervalue will be populated.
13. Click Refresh Button beside the Facility field. The dropdown will be populated.
14. Choose the Facility to use. The Ctpy ID field will be populated.
15. Other fields are optional and can be skipped, but may be filled out as needed.
16. Click Book. A pop up will appear, click Yes.
17. If the limits is breached, you will be prompted with message as below.
18. The amount maybe changed at this point, or if user has access rights and wish to proceed, then booking can be continued by clicking on Book button. Another popup appears, click OK.
19. The Foreign Exchange main menu will be displayed with the transaction booked.
20. Once booked, the swap can no longer be amended. To make changes, the swap should be deleted.
21. To delete, tick the checkboxes beside the trades to be changed/deleted. Note that since this is a swap, the trades will be deleted together.
22. Click Delete. A pop up appears, click Yes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS