This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document shows the detailed procedure for terminating a money market transaction.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows users to book early termination of a money market transaction.
1. Select Transaction > Money Market.
2. Choose the Accounting Centre and MDate From to filter out the transaction.
3. Click Refresh.
4. Choose the money market transaction to terminate by ticking on the checkbox beside the trade ID. In this example, MMK100016.00 will be selected.
5. Click Terminate.
6. Under the Termination section, fill out the Pre Settle Date or when the money market will be terminated.
7. Click Refresh Button. The Pre Settle field shows the pre settle amount computed from the start date till the pre settle date.
8. If there is termination charge, input in the Termination Charge field.
9. Fill out other fields if required.
10. Click Update.
11. System will update the trade and the trade ID will be changed from MMK100016.00 to MMK100016.01. The Maturity Date will also be changed to the pre settle date that was inputted in the termination transaction.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS