This document shows the detailed steps on how to import exchange rates into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Importing is the best and fastest way to enter multiple exchange rates into the system. It is an important procedure when maintaining exchange rates in the system.
1. Go to Prices Menu > Exchange Rate.
2. Click Add. The New Exchange Rate Maintenance screen will be shown.
3. Click Import. On the Import Exchange Rate screen, click on Template. The system downloads an Excel file titled, “Load_Excrate_Template.xls.” Save the file in your driv,e then open it. The Excel file is as shown below:
4. Fill out the table on the upload file. Enter the VDate, the corresponding currency, and Valuation rates. Accounting, Alternate, Volatility, and Ex Rate Type are optional fields. In the example below, we will input 18-Nov-16 and the USD and AUD in Ccy field.
5. When finished, save the upload file, noting the name and location to which you save it, and return to the CS Lucas system.
6. To import the file, place a check on Read File tick box.
7. Click on Choose File. Look for the Excel file saved earlier. Then click on the Read File button to read the file.
8. If there is an error, the system will prompt the user as to which row has the error. If there are none, you will see the Load button. Once the button is clicked, the system will prompt that the exchange rates are loaded successfully.
9. Click on Back Button to return to the Exchange Rates Maintenance screen, you will see the currencies that were loaded are displayed on this screen.