This document shows the detailed procedures on how to import user and user group assignment in CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This provides a faster way for setting up users and assigning user groups to users in the system.
1. From the main menu, select Set Up > Global > User and Rights.
2. Click New.
3. Click Import. The Import User screen displays.
4. Click Template to download CS Lucas import template.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Fill out the sheet. Fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
7. The following table shows the rules and validation check for importing user and user group assignment.
8. Save the Excel file on the computer.
9. Go back to the Import User screen, tick on Read File checkbox.
10. Click Choose File. Browse for the file saved in the computer.
11. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel File will display.
12. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the Excel file to make the necessary corrections and click Read File again.
13. If there is no error, click Load.
14. A popup appears to confirm, click Yes.
15. A message saying that loading is successful will be displayed.
16. Go back to the User screen, tick on the checkbox beside the user id imported.
17. Click Action and Approve. A popup appears to confirm, click Yes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS