This document explains how to import FX MTM from banks into CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows system to import banks MTM for FX transaction.
1. From the main menu, click Prices > Bank MTM . The Bank MTM screen is displayed as below.
2. Click Template to download the import template in Excel format to your computer.
3. After the import template is successfully downloaded, open the import template.
4. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
5. Fill in the columns. Make sure all mandatory columns are filled, these are characterized with an (*). The explanation of the fields are as below:
|CtpyID *||Type in the counterparty ID of the trade counterparty.|
|Ctpy Ref*||Type in the counterparty reference.|
|As At Date*||Type in the MTM Date.|
|MTM Ccy*||Type in the MTM currency.|
|MTM*||Type in the MTM amount.|
Please note on the rules and validation checks before importing the FX MTM into the system:
a) Ctpy ID must be valid and exist in the system.
b) Ctpy Ref must be valid and exist in the system.
c) MTM Ccy must be same as accounting centre base currency.
6. Go back to the Bank MTM screen. Tick on the Read File box.
7. Click Choose File. Look for the saved import template file.
8. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
9. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
10. If there is no error, click Load. Click OK on the pop up that appears.
11. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS