This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document shows the procedure for how to import currency in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
It is a faster way to set up currencies in the system. This helps when you first set up the enterprise and need to migrate data into the system.
1. From the home screen, select Set Up > Global > Currency.
2. In the Currency screen, click New. The screen below appears.
3. Click the Import button. The screen below appears.
4. Click Template to download the CS Lucas template for importing Currency.
5. Save the file and open. An excel sheet will be opened.
6. Input values as required. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory.
7. Go back to the Import Currency screen. Tick on the Read File box.
8. Click Choose File. Look for the saved Load_Currency_Template.xls file.
9. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
10. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
11. If there is no error, click Load. Click OK on the pop up that appears.
12. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
13. Click Back button to return to the Currency screen.
14. The imported currencies would be displayed.
15. Approve the newly created currencies by selecting the checkbox of the currency and click Approve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS