This document shows the procedure for importing chart of accounts into the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows import of chart of accounts for an entity or more into the system and is faster way of maintaining the chart of accounts if there are many.
1. From the main menu, select Set Up > Static > Chart of Accounts.
2. In the Accounting Chart of Account screen, click Import. The screen below appears.
3. Click Template to download the CS Lucas template for importing Chart of Accounts.
4. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
5. Input values as required. Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. The list of account types can be find here. For more information on the mapping dimensions, i.e. SSI Shortname, Ccy, Counterparty, Portfolio, see FAQ in Chart of Accounting Mapping.
6. Go back to the screen. Tick on the Read File checkbox.
7. Click Choose File. Look for the saved Load_COA_Template.xls file.
8. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will appear.
9. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the template to edit and upload again.
10. If there is no error, click Load. Click Yes on the pop up that appears.
11. You will see the message below once successfully loaded.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS