This document describes the procedures on how to update/ global replace user attribute values in transaction.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Importing user attribute values allows user to bulk upload/ global replace user attribute values instead of updating each transaction manually in the system. This saves user’s time if the transaction volumes are high.
1. From the main menu, navigate to Set Up > Global > User Definable.
2. Click Replace.
3. The Import Global Replace screen displays.
4. Click Template to download CS Lucas template for importing user attribute values.
5. Save the file and open. An Excel sheet will be opened.
6. Fill out the sheet. Fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
7. The following table show the rules and examples for importing user attribute values.
|Key Type*||Key Type must be named as ACCTCNTRSN/TRADEID.|
|Key ID*||Type in Key ID as [AcctCntrSN]/[TradeID]
This is to indicate the accounting centre and the trade id to update the user attribute values.
|System Ref*||Type in the System Reference of the user attribute field for system to identify which user attribute field to update. System Reference must be unique.
You can find System Reference in Set Up > Global > User Definable
For example, to update user attribute field for a Money Market transaction.
Search for Money Market Transaction. Click on it to drill down to Attribute Tags screen.
|Key Value*||Type in the value to update.
Note: Values must be expressed in the same data type/ format as the user attribute set up in the Attributes Tags screen in order to successfully import the values. See example below.
8. Once completed, save the Excel file.
9. Go back to the Import Global Replace screen, tick on the Read File checkbox.
10. Click Choose/ Browse File. Browse for the file saved in the computer.
11. Click Read File. The values inputted in the Excel file will display.
12. If there is an error, the user will be prompted with the rows to be corrected. To make corrections, go to the Excel file to make the necessary corrections and click Read File again.
13. If there is no error, click Load.
14. A popup appears. To confirm, click OK. Note that there will be no audit log for this change.
15. A message saying that loading is successful will be displayed.
16. Check the values for the transactions loaded in the Transaction screen.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I do not have rights to import global replace user attributes?
To import global replace for user attribute values, the following access rights is required. Please check with your administrator to grant you this access rights.