This document is a detailed procedure on how to retrieve currency/ security prices and counterparty/ security credit ratings from a Bloomberg terminal into CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Using the Bloomberg price load makes it easier for the currency/ security prices and counterparty/ security credit ratings information to be retrieved from Bloomberg in one template for the selected VDate and loaded into CS Lucas system.
1. From the Bloomberg terminal, browse to the CS Lucas application.
2. Go to Prices > Price Load.
3. In the Type field, select Bloomberg.
4. Input the preferred date in the VDate field and click on Template. System will get the prices for this date.
5. On the pop up that appears, click Yes.
6. File download prompt will appear to save the file. Save the template on the Bloomberg terminal.
7. Open the saved file. The template would be already populated with all the available currencies and securities in the CS Lucas system.
|AssetClass||Either “CURRENCY” or “SECURITY”|
|Ticker/Ccy||Currency or the Security Shortname.
Note: To retrieve counterparty credit ratings, please need to create a new Equity type of security. For example, “DBS SP Equity”. To link the security created for this counterparty, enter “DBS SP Equity” in the “Listed Security Shortname” field in the Counterparty Preference screen.
Navigate to Set Up > Static > Counterparty.
Click on counterparty short name.
Click on Preference button.
|Symbol||For currency, it will display Currency + Enterprise Currency + “Curncy”. For e.g. AUDSGD Curncy
For security, it will display the Bloomberg Price Feed Code setup in the security details, for e.g., OCBCR2 EQUITY. If this is not available, then the shortname will be displayed with square brackets, for e.g., [OCBC RTS]
|VDate||User selected VDate.|
|Retrieval Date||Today’s date.|
8. When prompted, enable the macros content and it will prompt to press Ctrl + P. Click OK.
9. Press Ctrl + P. System will retrieve the prices and credit ratings. Once done, save the template on the Bloomberg terminal.
|Prices As At VDate||Currency/ security prices as at VDate.|
|RTG_FITCH_LT_ISSUER_DEFAULT||Fitch Issuer Default rating.|
|RTG_MOODY_LONG_TERM||Moody’s Long Term rating.|
|RTG_MDY_ISSUER||Moody’s Issuer rating.|
|RTG_MDY_SEN_UNSECURED_DEBT||Moody’s Unsecured Debt rating.|
|RTG_SP_LT_LC_ISSUER_CREDIT||S&P Issuer Credit rating.|
10. On the Price Load page in the CS Lucas system (on the Bloomberg terminal), tick Read File.
11. Click Choose File and browse for the file that was saved earlier.
12. Click Read. All the items on the file will be displayed on the screen.
13. Click Load button to load the prices into the system. System will save the prices displayed in the “Rate As At VDate” column and any credit rating in the following columns.
Security Credit Ratings:
Navigate to Set Up > Static > Securities > Select the Security Type and click Refresh. Click on the security short name.
Counterparty Credit Ratings:
Navigate to Set Up > Static > Securities > Select the Security Type as Equity and click Refresh. Click on the security short name.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS