This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document describes how to manage dividends in the system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Allow to capture dividends earned from the investment in shares that booked in CS Lucas system.
1. Select Transaction > Fund Management > Dividend. The Dividends launch screen will be displayed.
2. Click New to get to the Maintain Dividend screen.
3. Fill in the mandatory fields characterized by (*).
4. Accounting centre would have been defaulted to user accounting centre. If not, it will be left blank. Choose the accounting centre or accounting centre group.
5. Type the Ticker. If unsure the ticker name, type the first letter and press Tab. All tickers that start with that letter will be displayed.
6. Fill in the Declare Date, Ex Date and VDate. Note that Declare Date must be before Ex Date and Ex Date must before the VDate.
7. Type the Gross per share.
8. Input any Tax Rate.
9. Fill in the TDate. This is the transaction date.
10. Click Refresh. The table listing below shows the holding of SIA:SP shares by accounting centre and portfolio.
11. Users can change the values for dividend amount, taxation and input transaction cost. Once done, tick on the checkbox of the accounting centre and portfolio to receive dividend and click Book. A popup appears, click OK.
12. To view the dividends booked, select the Acct Cntr and Portfolio. You may also filter by Ticker, Declare Fr and Declare To. Leave blank will show all. Click Refresh.
13. To amend dividend, click on the TradeID. Note that only the Transaction Date and Value Date can be changed. Click Update once done.
14. If you need to amend any information that is un-editable in this screen, please delete the dividend trade and re-book again.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. I do not have the rights to book dividends.
Access rights is needed to book dividends. Please contact your administrator to give you rights 15102.