This document shows the process of how to create a transaction in fund management > corporate action.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Allows you to book Corporate Actions for bonus/split and rights take up/exercise in CS Lucas system.
1. From the main menu, select Transaction > Fund Management > Corporate Action. The screen below will be displayed.
2. Click New.
3. Choose the Action; it could be Bonus/Spilts or Rights Take Up. In this example, we will show Bonus/Splits.
4. Fill in the fields. Input the Exercise Date or the date when the action will happen.
5. For the ticker, if unsure of the ticker name, type the first letter and press the Tab key on your keyboard. All the tickers that start with that letter will be displayed.
6. Click on the ticker to use.
7. Input the Ex Date.
8. Type the Ratio. In this example, it will be 2 for 1, which means the investor will get 2 shares for every 1.
9. Click Update. The Corporate Action main screen will show the transaction.
10. Click on the Action Ref; the screen below will be displayed.
11. To book, click on the checkbox next to the portfolio and click Process. The system prompts the action, which is processed.
12. The Book Ref shows the trade ID for the processed trading. Navigate to Transaction > Fund Management > Investment screen; that trade created from the action will be displayed. This is the additional 2,500,000 shares bought.
13. When the TradeID is clicked, it will not allow an edit. Similarly, the trade IVM100042.00 cannot be deleted. However, you may change the custodian. If you need to make amendments, the trade must be deleted from the Process Corporate Action screen and re-booked.
14. To delete, navigate back to Corporate Action maintain screen.
15. Select the portfolio with the Delete caption on the checkbox and click Process.
16. After delete is processed, the corporate action remains in place. You can now process it again.
17. To delete a corporate action itself (CAC100004.00), click Back button to return to Corporate Action screen.
18. Select the checkbox of the corporate action reference and click . Note that the corporate action cannot be deleted if any of the portfolio has been processed in this corporate action.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FAQ01. Can the system handle corporate action for investment trade?
Corporate actions for investment trade can be booked under Transaction > Fund Management > Corporate Action in CS Lucas system. Access rights are required to access this module. Please check with your administrator to grant you the necessary rights under Corporate Action.