This document shows the detailed procedures on creating security group and assigning members.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows securities to be grouped for reporting purposes.
1. From the main menu, select Set Up > Static > Securities. The screen below displays.
2. Click Group.
3. From the Security Group screen, click Action and select New.
4. Type in the Short Name, this field is mandatory.
5. Input Long Name and Description. This is optional. Leave blank will default to same as Short Name.
6. Click Save. A popup will appear, click Yes.
7. Approve the group by clicking on the tick box beside the security group short name.
8. Click Action and Approve. A popup appears to confirm, click Yes.
9. Once the security group is created, members can be assigned. To assign members, from the Security Group main screen, click on the Edit button of the security group. In this example, members will be assigned to US Securities which was just created.
10. From the Amend Security Group screen, click Assign Member.
11. To look for members to assign, type an asterisk (“*) in the first field then click Refresh Button. The screen will show the list of securities in the system.
12. Choose the member to assign by ticking the checkbox beside the security short name. In this example, AMZN:US and Apple will be selected.
13. Click Add.
14. The selected member’s name will be added to the right.
15. Click Save.
16. Approve the security group. Click on the checkbox beside the name of the group.
17. Click Action and Approve. A popup appears to confirm, click Yes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS