This version is superseded. Click here to view the latest guide.
This document explains the procedures on how to assign a user group to multiple users.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
This allows administrator to conveniently assign a new user group to multiple users in one screen.
1. From the main menu, click Set Up > Global > User and Rights. The User screen displays.
2. To assign a user group to users, click on Group. The User Group screen displays. Click on the user group short name from the user group list.
3. In Amend User Group screen, click Assign User.
4. Select the users from the list on your left and click Add.
5. Users added will appear in the list on your right.
6. To remove from the list on your right, select the user ID and click Remove.
7. When completed, enter your current password, and click Save.
Note: If you wish to skip entering password, you need to have additional access rights 10359 Skip Password Check (Category: User Permission) assigned to yourself. System will skip the check that password is required when saving assigned users. Please request for your administrator to assign you this access rights.
8. You will see a message prompt to confirm the user group assignment to the users and this will disable the users until they are approved in the system.
9. Click OK to confirm.
10. You will see the following message once save is successful.
11. Newly assigned users need to be approved in the system. Click on Set Up > Global > User and Rights from the main menu. Select the user IDs to approve and click Approve.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
User Groups and Assigning Permissions