This document shows the detailed procedure for accessing alerts and messages in CS Lucas system.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Alerts and messages sent from the system can be seen on the Welcome screen when the user log on to the system. It provides notification to the user for all sort of alerts that can be set up in the system. Messages allows instructions or notes to be sent to users of the system.
1. The Welcome screen is displayed upon logging in the system. You may also select Welcome from the main menu to access the Welcome screen.
2. On this screen, new messages or alerts, should there be any, will be displayed.
3. To check for previous alerts and messages, uncheck the View new only checkbox. Change the Fr Date and To Date as required.
4. Click Refresh.
5. Any alerts and messages created within the specified dates will be displayed.
6. To read a message, click on the Subject. In this example, subject saying “take note” will be selected.
7. The screen will display the message.
8. To return to Welcome screen, click Back Button.
9. For any alerts or messages that you have read, you may click Noted. System will exclude the noted alerts and messages from the list when View new only is checked.
10. To send message to users of the system, click on Send Box.
11. The screen below displays.
12. Click New.
13. Select from the To drop down field the user or user group to send the message to. Then click Add Button.
14. Similar to adding user, if you wish to remove user, select the user id or user group from the To drop down field and click Minus Button.
15. Type in the subject of the message.
16. Type the messages in the Content box.
17. You may also attach one document.
18. Click Send when completed.
19. You will be returned to Send Box screen. The message sent is saved here.
20. To return to Welcome screen, click Back Button.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS